Friday, August 27, 2004

Stuff (as in things)

Goodness me! How much stuff can a person acquire in a mere 23 (nearly anyway) years??? It's just incredible! I thought i'd sorted most of it out already, but spent half of today throwing more out and packing up more. Mostly books that will have to go to my parents... Will miss not having my own wee library... Can't really send over 10 boxes full of books though can I? My life dream is to have a wall in my house covered in books (not very original, as my parents have a wall-filling bookcase...)! Just love books. Did send over all of my Scottish books and my Norton Anthology, as well as dictionaries (only half of my collection...) and books on "how to write". Also had to throw away lots of half-empty bottles of moisturiser, sunscreen etc. So much stuff! Crazy! Will pack my Glasgow-suitcase today so that mum can take it with her on Sunday. Quite complicated to think ahead of what I want to have with me in Denmark and what I'll only need later. Can't believe this will be the very last week in my Groningen house!

Am dying to leave though. Not feeling sad about it at all. Even throwing stuff away gives me a good feeling. Cleansing even. This way I can really have a fresh start! Of course I'm dying to go to Denmark to see Derek! Hope he'll survive two weeks with me, while working full-time;)! It will be a good test I think to see whether we won't feel like strangling each other after a while. I'm sure it will be fine, or rather that we'll have a lovely time together. Going to attempt not to spend so much money this time... not go out to dinner every day etc... We'll reserve that for the weekends.

Susanne arrives tomorrow! Yeah! We'll go shoping first, as she wants new shoes. I have to attempt not to buy anything, as I'm totally bankrupt as it is! Then we'll go home, have dinner and then go out. Should be fun! Probably my last night out in Groningen (before October 8th anyway), although I am tempted to go to the comedy and out after on Wednesday... We'll see.

Ok, enough blabbering for today!

Love


No comments: