Monday, November 07, 2005

REAL JOB!!!!

Dear all,

I am very very very happy to announce that I have a JOB!!!! With Lenovo (the Chinese company that took over IBM's PC business) in Greenock.

It is a Customer Relations job (and in Dutch as well as English), but with a difference. 'We' receive the cases that are too complicated for the help-desk to deal with, as well as complaints from large companies (or executives that have written to the big boss). The job involves a lot of networking within the company. I won't be on a phone all the time, as I would receive e-mails with all the cases that require solving and I can then go solve them in my own time. They usually take from 20 days to solve, envolving different departments etc.

It seems like an exciting job that will give me a lot of experience dealing with big executives and things like that. I am quite amazed I got it, as a requirement was that the candidate have a 'proven track record' in 'excellent' customer service, and I knew that there were two more candidates with experience. The recruitment lady said that this manager was apparently very picky and that he was very positive about my interview, saying that I have excellent communication skills (yes, I like talking;)) and that I am very intelligent.

Proud of myself:)!!!!

Love you all!!!

Mariken

3 comments:

Duncan said...

Excellent news! Well done and hope it goes well.

Dunc.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mariken,

You know I think it's great you got that job, but...your spelling???
One receives things.

joe said...

Dear Mariken,

You know I think it's great you got that job, but...your spelling???
You involve different departments.