Thursday, November 03, 2005

Interviews

Dear all,

I had an interview at a company called Indigo Lighthouse (see http://www.indigolighthouse.com which strangely does not say anything about contact lenses! and no, I'm not making it up;)) today, in my lunch hour. I think it went well:). They 'do in' contact lenses. They outsource (is that a word??) for companies in The Netherlands such as Pearle and EyeWish, as ll as many companies in Britain, and the rest of Europe (YES Britain IS part of Europe;)). I liked the sound of the role, a combination of dealing with customers and branches in The Netherlands, and communicating by e-mail, post, and phone. They are a young company that is growing fast and therefore there is much room for progression. The atmosphere seemed really nice and the office is much more cheerful than the one I am in now. Hope they liked me too:)!

Tomorrow I will leave work at 1pm (after saving up 3 hours by working an extra hour on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) to travel to Greenock. There I have an interview at IBM, with both Addecco and Manpower. The one is for a temporary customer service role, the other for a permanent business-to-business role. I would definitely prefer the second one, but we'll see how we go. If, theoretically, I get offered both an IBM role and the Indigo Lighthouse role I will go for the second one, not least because it is snap bang in the middle of Glasgow's city centre. It pay slightly less, but the pro's (less travel, smaller company) are larger.

Will let you know how I get on!

Love to you all,

Mariken

No comments: