Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Poor Derek&Help

Dear all,

I totally forgot to tell you last time that my dearest Derek had a bike accident last Wednesday... The poor thing badly hurt his knee and cannot move very well now. That means he is stuck at home! Wish I could fly over for a few days to take care of him...

I am trying to pick my courses now, but that is proving difficult... Don't know what to pick and how things work! Hope to make an appointment with my supervisor very soon, because I need some help.

Then the amazing story of my lost tuition fees cheque... I am so STUPIT (Glaswegian for stupid, for those of you that think I can't spell)! I went to the registry on Friday with my £3010 cheque, but they turned out to be on a lunch break. I had to go catch a bus to Edinburgh after that, and I was starting to worry about having to walk round with a £3000 cheque all day! A woman came out of the office and asked me if she could help. I explained and then she told me to give her the cheque and she would sort it out for me. I went home relieved. But that night I had my mum on the phone and it suddenly dawned on me that MY details weren't on the cheque, but the BANK'S! Oopsy! That meant they had no means of identifying whose money that was! God, I was worried all weekend. I went to the registry just now and thankfully they had kept the cheque seperate, and I found the lady I had given it to. So I now have a receipt that proves that I did pay! Jippy (well, I would have preferred to have kept it to myself, but hey I guess pursueing (how do you spell that?) your dream doesn't come cheap!)!

Friday afternoon I took the bus to Edinburgh to go to Barbara's to get my stuff. Was lovely to see her again. Packed the car and drove back to Glasgow. We had a pint in Tennents and then she went back home. Will take her on a good night out very soon. I put all my things in their place in my room, which now finally looks like my room. That night Emma came over for a good night out. Went to the church at the end (Great Western Rd end) of Byres Rd. They turned it into a club and bar/restaurant. I like the bar, as it's got no music and a nice atmosphere, but I'm not sure about the club bit. The crowd is a bit older and the music was a bit old as well. Not sure. It is an easy choise though, as it's only down the road!

Hope that Derek is better soon. He made a short trip to the shops yesterday, but he was very sore after. It's just so sad that he is losing precious time on his placement this way. And it makes me even sadder to think he is in pain. Hope he can call me soon, but as he can only call me from work I'm not sure that's going to happen soon...

Love

No comments: